Exceeds Warp Limits
The Enterprise is able to only achieve Warp 9.5 "with
extreme risk" (Encounter at Farpoint). However, there
have been various times when this 'speed limit' has been
No One Has Gone Before"
- In a warp field experiment with the Traveler, Wesley's
distraction causes the Traveler to phase in and out, and
causes the Enterprise to travel 2.7 million light years
in a few seconds.
The Bough Breaks"
- When Captain Picard insists that the Aldean people
return the children kidnapped from the Enterprise, the
Enterprise is hit with a bolt of energy that causes it
to travel such a distance that it would take three days
to travel back to Aldea at Warp 9.
Who" - Q,
with the snap of his fingers, send the Enterprise 7,000
light years away for their first encounter with the
Borg. Also, when the Enterprise is being chased by the
Borg, LaForge reads the speed off as Warp 9.65.
- In the teaser, the Enterprise is going Warp 9.6 to
Tasha Yar's birthplace.
- Barclay, with the knowledge gained from an alien
probe, creates a space distortion that causes the
Enterprise to travel halfway across the Galaxy.
- The Enterprise uses a transwarp conduit while chasing
the Borg and tracking down Data.
· The law on starship engines: there are
never odd numbers of engine nacelles on starships (from
Gene). Rationalization (from the `Technical Advisors'):
it has something to do with Warp Field geometries...